Saturday, November 1, 2008

Huntsville

Huntsville, Utah. It was a beautiful day! The temp was 65 degrees, and the sun was warm.
We drove to the Catholic monastery, where the munks raise their own honey, jam, peanut butter, and sell rosary's, saint medallions, etc etc. Trevor wanted a cross made of black stone so I bought him one.
The priest said a prayer for us and blessed each individual item we purchased with holy water. The gentleman was as sweet as could be, there was a very long line of people wanting to pay for their items, its funny how everyone was so quiet, and patiently waiting for thier turn in line. We all seem to be on our best behavior when in the presence of someone holy. It was a very peaceful afternoon, as usual, I left the monastary with tears in my eyes, just feeling the holy spirit made all my troubles leave my soul for a brief time.
We continued our journey through Huntsville and ran into family of a patient I once took care of. We went back to their farm and talked for a long time, Trevor chased the sheep and chickens, and threw a stick for their Border Collie to fetch. Trevor placed his feet in a cold stream that was running through their property, and nibbled on an apple that was plucked from their tree.
I took several pictures that I have posted for everyone to see. We are looking forward to going back soon. Beautiful property, with beautiful people!

 Abandoned Cabin

Old Weathervane Atop an Old Barn


Why are Old Barns So Majestic?


Wasp Nest in the Light

No comments:

Post a Comment